Katie Werts
Director of Planning and Development
1512 Martin Street Newberry, SC 29108

Bring with you:

  1. A copy of the Plat of the property where the structure will be placed. This can be obtained at the Clerk of Court's Office on the first floor of the Courthouse. You will need to show the proposed location of the structure as well as include approximate distances from property lines (distance from road, side and rear property lines) and the dimensions of the structure to be placed on property.
  2. Approved DHEC permit for septic tank, if applicable. Call (803) 896-0620 if you have questions.
  3. E-911 Address assigned to the property. E-911 Addressing is located at the Sheriff's Department, (803) 321-2182.
  4. If you have lakeshore property or property that may be in a FEMA flood zone, please click here to link (make this link) to the Flood Management Department.


  • $20.00 for a structure zoning permit per structure (house, storage building, above ground pool etc.). We accept cash or a check.

Once you have obtained this permit, a visit to the Building Inspection Department is required.