Elizabeth P. Folk
Clerk of Court
Newberry County Courthouse 1226 College Street


No, if you need legal assistance you may contact Palmetto legal Services at (803) 799-9668 or the S.C. Bar lawyer referral service at 1-800-868-2284 or this link.

This office does not handle any traffic violation tickets. Information concerning traffic tickets can be obtained at the Magistrate's Office (803) 321-2144 or City Police Department (803) 321-1010

No, the Clerk of Court's Office does not have any forms to give you.

One Hundred Fifty ($150.00) Dollars.

You can be excused from jury service if you are over 65 years of age, if you have a statement from your doctor stating that you cannot serve as a juror, if you have a child under 7 years of age and do not work outside the home or if you served on jury duty within the last three calendar years. You must contact the Clerk of Court's Office prior to the date you are to report and advise them of your desire to be excused. The judge will address all other reasons that would exempt you from service on the first day of court.

The Clerk of Court has authority to transfer a juror in most instances. Contact the Clerk's office for verification.

You should contact an attorney or paralegal to conduct your search. They have title insurance and can give you a certificate of clear title. We cannot perform searches.

You may come to the office and receive an application for child support. There is no fee for filing.  Complete the application and return it to the address provided.

Visitation rights are a separate issue from child support. To obtain visitation, contact an attorney of your choice or call 803-898-9350 for assistance.  We have brochures available in our office.

The SDU will apply monies to your account. If there is a refund due to you, the SDU will refund you promptly.

You may access the public portal at clientportal.dss.sc.gov to access most all information needed concerning your account.  We also have brochures to assist with this process in our office.

With the new PACSS system implemented in 2019 all regular child support payments are sent to the South Carolina State Disbursement Unit in Columbia.  You may come by the office to receive a brochure with your personal information and different ways you may pay your child support.  The Clerk of Court only accepts purge payments ordered from the Judge.  We accept money orders, certified checks, and cash in the EXACT money amount ONLY.